Skip to main content

Types of licence you may need for your business

There are three types of licence that business owners may need. Your business may need all three:

  • an operating licence (from us)
  • a personal management licence (from us)
  • a premises licence (from your local licensing authority).

If you provide facilities for remote gambling (online or through other means), or advertise to consumers in Britain, you will need a licence from the Gambling Commission. 

Local licensing authorities also provide gambling permits for pubs, clubs and other establishments for low-level gambling. 

Do I need an operating licence for my business? 

These are the types of operating licence available:  





Gambling software

Gaming machines